Six injured as building collapses in South Mumbai
Mumbai: Six persons have been injured after
a four-storeyed building collapsed this evening at Masjid
Bunder in South Mumbai, fire brigade officials said.
The victims are all labourers who were working in the
building, which was under renovation, officials said adding no
casualties have been reported yet.
The victims have been rushed to state-run J J Hospital
for medical treatment.
Two or more of the labourers are still feared trapped in
the debris, the officials said adding relief work is on.
"Along with this building, a portion of the building
adjacent to it also collapsed. Both the buildings were under
renovation by the MHADA," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
Sanjay Mohite told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter