Six injured as building collapses in South Mumbai
Mumbai: Six persons have been injured after
a four-storeyed building collapsed this evening at Masjid
Bunder in South Mumbai, fire brigade officials said.
The victims are all labourers who were working in the
building, which was under renovation, officials said adding no
casualties have been reported yet.
The victims have been rushed to state-run J J Hospital
for medical treatment.
Two or more of the labourers are still feared trapped in
the debris, the officials said adding relief work is on.
"Along with this building, a portion of the building
adjacent to it also collapsed. Both the buildings were under
renovation by the MHADA," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
Sanjay Mohite told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins