Six injured in gas cylinder blast in Thane
Thane: Six persons including a woman received
severe burn wounds following explosion of a gas cylinder at a
slum colony here on Friday, Civic fire services officials said.
They said that neighbours of one Milind Mistry residing
at Manorama Nagar slum colony smelled odour of gas and were
trying to locate from where the gas was leaking.
There was no power in the locality at that time. But as
the power supply resumed, a big explosion took place at
Mistry`s house and those nearby suffered severe burn injuries.
The injured, who had sustained up to 30 per cent burn
wounds, were rushed to the local hospital, the police said
adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video