Six injured in gas cylinder blast in Thane
Thane: Six persons including a woman received
severe burn wounds following explosion of a gas cylinder at a
slum colony here on Friday, Civic fire services officials said.
They said that neighbours of one Milind Mistry residing
at Manorama Nagar slum colony smelled odour of gas and were
trying to locate from where the gas was leaking.
There was no power in the locality at that time. But as
the power supply resumed, a big explosion took place at
Mistry`s house and those nearby suffered severe burn injuries.
The injured, who had sustained up to 30 per cent burn
wounds, were rushed to the local hospital, the police said
adding further investigations were on.
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics