Six injured in gas cylinder blast in Thane
Thane: Six persons including a woman received
severe burn wounds following explosion of a gas cylinder at a
slum colony here on Friday, Civic fire services officials said.
They said that neighbours of one Milind Mistry residing
at Manorama Nagar slum colony smelled odour of gas and were
trying to locate from where the gas was leaking.
There was no power in the locality at that time. But as
the power supply resumed, a big explosion took place at
Mistry`s house and those nearby suffered severe burn injuries.
The injured, who had sustained up to 30 per cent burn
wounds, were rushed to the local hospital, the police said
adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145