Six injured in Mumbai local train collision
Mumbai: At least six passengers were injured, three seriously, when two suburban trains collided here Saturday night, triggering a mini riot, officials said Sunday.
The Churchgate-Borivli and the Virar-Churchgate trains collided near one of the platforms of Andheri railway station.
The incident disrupted rail services, stranding hundreds of commuters. Preliminary reports indicate the accident occurred due to signal or track failure.
A large crowd of commuters later stoned railway property, forcing security forces to evict them from the trains and platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen