Six injured in Mumbai local train collision
Mumbai: At least six passengers were injured, three seriously, when two suburban trains collided here Saturday night, triggering a mini riot, officials said Sunday.
The Churchgate-Borivli and the Virar-Churchgate trains collided near one of the platforms of Andheri railway station.
The incident disrupted rail services, stranding hundreds of commuters. Preliminary reports indicate the accident occurred due to signal or track failure.
A large crowd of commuters later stoned railway property, forcing security forces to evict them from the trains and platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed