Six injured in Mumbai local train collision
Mumbai: At least six passengers were injured, three seriously, when two suburban trains collided here Saturday night, triggering a mini riot, officials said Sunday.
The Churchgate-Borivli and the Virar-Churchgate trains collided near one of the platforms of Andheri railway station.
The incident disrupted rail services, stranding hundreds of commuters. Preliminary reports indicate the accident occurred due to signal or track failure.
A large crowd of commuters later stoned railway property, forcing security forces to evict them from the trains and platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly