Six killed, 14 injured in road mishap in Andhra
Hyderabad: Six persons, including three women, were killed and as many as 14 others got injured when their mini-lorry rammed into a stationary vehicle on the city outskirts in the wee hours today, police said.
The mishap occurred at Vattinagulapalle under Raidurgam police station limits at around 4.45 AM when the mini-lorry rammed into another lorry parked there.
Four persons died on the spot and two others succumbed while undergoing treatment at a hospital, they said.
The 14 others injured were also being treated at the hospital.
The accident occurred when around 40 people, all natives of Raidurgam here, were returning in the mini-lorry from Bidar district of Karnataka after attending a private function, Raidurgam police inspector A Bala Koti said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Fawad Khan's next a love story?
- Wimbledon: Victoria Azarenka suffers knee injury, withdraws from the tournament
- Rio Olympics: Graem McDowell turns down the chance to take Rory McIlroy`s spot
- China, Russia bilateral relation has reached unprecedented level: Putin
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role