Six killed, 14 injured in road mishap in Andhra
Hyderabad: Six persons, including three women, were killed and as many as 14 others got injured when their mini-lorry rammed into a stationary vehicle on the city outskirts in the wee hours today, police said.
The mishap occurred at Vattinagulapalle under Raidurgam police station limits at around 4.45 AM when the mini-lorry rammed into another lorry parked there.
Four persons died on the spot and two others succumbed while undergoing treatment at a hospital, they said.
The 14 others injured were also being treated at the hospital.
The accident occurred when around 40 people, all natives of Raidurgam here, were returning in the mini-lorry from Bidar district of Karnataka after attending a private function, Raidurgam police inspector A Bala Koti said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore