Six killed in Maharashtra fireworks factory blast
Raigad: At least six labourers were killed and another 20 injured in an explosion that ripped through a fireworks factory here Thursday, officials said.
Investigating officer R.K. Dhamne of Poinad police station said the explosion followed by a fire took place at the Kranti Fireworks Ltd. factory around 3.30 p.m.
"Four labourers died in the blaze and later two more bodies were found," he said.
Due to the impact of the explosion - the cause of which was not immediately clear - some nearby dwellings in Bhaimala village sustained damage.
Seven fire tenders from Alibaug and neighbouring area rushed to battle the blaze which was brought under control later in the evening.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Raigad, while six who sustained serious burns have been shifted to Sir J.J. Hospital in Mumbai.
Bhaimala is around 10 km from the picturesque beach resort of Alibaug, around 110 km south of Mumbai in Raigad coastal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you