Six killed in Maharashtra fireworks factory blast
Raigad: At least six labourers were killed and another 20 injured in an explosion that ripped through a fireworks factory here Thursday, officials said.
Investigating officer R.K. Dhamne of Poinad police station said the explosion followed by a fire took place at the Kranti Fireworks Ltd. factory around 3.30 p.m.
"Four labourers died in the blaze and later two more bodies were found," he said.
Due to the impact of the explosion - the cause of which was not immediately clear - some nearby dwellings in Bhaimala village sustained damage.
Seven fire tenders from Alibaug and neighbouring area rushed to battle the blaze which was brought under control later in the evening.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Raigad, while six who sustained serious burns have been shifted to Sir J.J. Hospital in Mumbai.
Bhaimala is around 10 km from the picturesque beach resort of Alibaug, around 110 km south of Mumbai in Raigad coastal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city