Six killed in Maharashtra fireworks factory blast
Raigad: At least six labourers were killed and another 20 injured in an explosion that ripped through a fireworks factory here Thursday, officials said.
Investigating officer R.K. Dhamne of Poinad police station said the explosion followed by a fire took place at the Kranti Fireworks Ltd. factory around 3.30 p.m.
"Four labourers died in the blaze and later two more bodies were found," he said.
Due to the impact of the explosion - the cause of which was not immediately clear - some nearby dwellings in Bhaimala village sustained damage.
Seven fire tenders from Alibaug and neighbouring area rushed to battle the blaze which was brought under control later in the evening.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Raigad, while six who sustained serious burns have been shifted to Sir J.J. Hospital in Mumbai.
Bhaimala is around 10 km from the picturesque beach resort of Alibaug, around 110 km south of Mumbai in Raigad coastal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'