Six members of Ravi Pujari gang held
Bangalore: Six associates of gangster Ravi
Pujari have been arrested here in connection with an extortion
case, police said today.
Mohan (27), Shivkumar (33), Ibrahim (37), Mahesh (29),
Santhosh (31), and Udaykumar Hegde were arrested yesterday by
the City Crime Branch (CCB) sleuths.
They were produced before a local court and remanded to
judicial custody till October 12, a CCB statement said.
The gang members had allegedly threatened Managing
Director of Shabnam Developers Srinivas Reddy and demanded
money, they said.
Last week, a henchman of gangster Ravi Pujari was shot
dead in an alleged police encounter when he was fleeing after
he fired at a prominent builder`s office in a residential
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control