Six MNS men held for assaulting parents in Satara
Satara: Six activists of Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly manhandling parents of North Indian students seeking admission in a local school, police said.
Five workers of MNS and the district party unit president were arrested and booked for assault, rioting and obstructing government servants on duty, among other charges, senior police inspector, city police station, Ravindra Pisal said.
Seven others are still wanted in connection with the incident which took place on Monday at the Satara Civil Hospital where a medical examination of the boys was being held. They sought admission in standard VI in the school.
The MNS activists came to the hospital and claimed that fake age proofs were being submitted by the parents of the students, who hailed from Bihar and UP, to get admission in the school.
Later, they allegedly started pushing and manhandling parents of some children there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information