Six MNS men held for assaulting parents in Satara
Satara: Six activists of Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly manhandling parents of North Indian students seeking admission in a local school, police said.
Five workers of MNS and the district party unit president were arrested and booked for assault, rioting and obstructing government servants on duty, among other charges, senior police inspector, city police station, Ravindra Pisal said.
Seven others are still wanted in connection with the incident which took place on Monday at the Satara Civil Hospital where a medical examination of the boys was being held. They sought admission in standard VI in the school.
The MNS activists came to the hospital and claimed that fake age proofs were being submitted by the parents of the students, who hailed from Bihar and UP, to get admission in the school.
Later, they allegedly started pushing and manhandling parents of some children there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!