Six MNS men held for assaulting parents in Satara
Satara: Six activists of Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly manhandling parents of North Indian students seeking admission in a local school, police said.
Five workers of MNS and the district party unit president were arrested and booked for assault, rioting and obstructing government servants on duty, among other charges, senior police inspector, city police station, Ravindra Pisal said.
Seven others are still wanted in connection with the incident which took place on Monday at the Satara Civil Hospital where a medical examination of the boys was being held. They sought admission in standard VI in the school.
The MNS activists came to the hospital and claimed that fake age proofs were being submitted by the parents of the students, who hailed from Bihar and UP, to get admission in the school.
Later, they allegedly started pushing and manhandling parents of some children there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE