Six MNS men held for assaulting parents in Satara
Satara: Six activists of Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly manhandling parents of North Indian students seeking admission in a local school, police said.
Five workers of MNS and the district party unit president were arrested and booked for assault, rioting and obstructing government servants on duty, among other charges, senior police inspector, city police station, Ravindra Pisal said.
Seven others are still wanted in connection with the incident which took place on Monday at the Satara Civil Hospital where a medical examination of the boys was being held. They sought admission in standard VI in the school.
The MNS activists came to the hospital and claimed that fake age proofs were being submitted by the parents of the students, who hailed from Bihar and UP, to get admission in the school.
Later, they allegedly started pushing and manhandling parents of some children there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!