Six-month-old baby girl abandoned near church
Mumbai: A six-month-old baby girl was found abandoned near a church in suburban Vile Parle, police said on Monday.
The baby girl was found near the gate of a St Theresa Church last night by the staff there, police said.
The church staff tried to find out whose baby it was but in vain, police said adding they subsequently notified the Santacruz Police Station.
The baby has been sent to Mankhurd Children`s Home, police said.
The baby`s parents were charged under IPC section 317 (Exposure and abandonment of child under twelve years, by parent or person having care of it), police said adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre