Six-month-old baby girl abandoned near church
Mumbai: A six-month-old baby girl was found abandoned near a church in suburban Vile Parle, police said on Monday.
The baby girl was found near the gate of a St Theresa Church last night by the staff there, police said.
The church staff tried to find out whose baby it was but in vain, police said adding they subsequently notified the Santacruz Police Station.
The baby has been sent to Mankhurd Children`s Home, police said.
The baby`s parents were charged under IPC section 317 (Exposure and abandonment of child under twelve years, by parent or person having care of it), police said adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America