Six month old baby sexually assaulted in Mumbai
Mumbai: A case of sexual assault was registered against unidentified persons after a six-month-old girl was brought in a profusely bleeding state at a civic-run hospital here, police said Thursday.
On January 27, the bleeding baby girl was brought to the civic-run KEM Hospital.
Police were reportedly notified about the case but they refused to register an FIR, stating that the injury to the girl`s private part was caused by a rat bite.
As the medical report by the doctors confirmed that there were signs of forceful penetration with an unknown object, an FIR was registered against some unknown persons under section 3 (penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and IPC section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), Suresh Unawane, senior inspector at Shivaji Park police station in Mumbai said.
"There was no delay in filing the FIR. We were waiting for the medical report," Unawane claimed.
The baby`s mother is a street vendor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says