Six month old baby sexually assaulted in Mumbai
Mumbai: A case of sexual assault was registered against unidentified persons after a six-month-old girl was brought in a profusely bleeding state at a civic-run hospital here, police said Thursday.
On January 27, the bleeding baby girl was brought to the civic-run KEM Hospital.
Police were reportedly notified about the case but they refused to register an FIR, stating that the injury to the girl`s private part was caused by a rat bite.
As the medical report by the doctors confirmed that there were signs of forceful penetration with an unknown object, an FIR was registered against some unknown persons under section 3 (penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and IPC section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), Suresh Unawane, senior inspector at Shivaji Park police station in Mumbai said.
"There was no delay in filing the FIR. We were waiting for the medical report," Unawane claimed.
The baby`s mother is a street vendor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report