Six months on, 12 chargesheeted for Dey`s murder
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police on Saturday filed a chargesheet against 12 accused in the murder case of journalist Jyotirmoy Dey. The name of woman journalist Jigna Vora, the latest arrest in the six-month-old case, does not figure in the chargesheet.
The chargesheet, filed in the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court, runs into 3,055 pages and has described in detail the role of 10 men involved in Dey`s murder.
Underworld don Chhota Rajan, who lives abroad in self exile, has also been named in the chargesheet. However, police have mentioned that Rajan and another accused, Nayan Singh, are "absconding".
Police sources say that journalist Vora`s name and role will be described in detail later in a supplementary chargesheet.
On Friday, a man approached a Mumbai special court here, saying he wanted to surrender SIM cards and mobile phones given to him by Vora -- the latest accused in the case.
A deputy bureau chief with a Mumbai daily, Vora was held on November 25 in connection with the June 11 killing of Dey, the editor (Special Investigations) at Mid-Day.
He was shot dead near his home in Powai in Central Mumbai while he was riding home on his motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video