Six Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli district
Nagpur: Six Naxals, including a woman, have been arrested in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district, police said on Saturday.
The police raided two hideouts and apprehended the Maoists yesterday. Five extremists were rounded up from Peepli Burgi area and four rifles recovered from them, they said.
They were identified as Bucha Masa Pungati (23), Mann Buccha Pada (22), Madi Ganda (30), Madi Tukka Pugati (30) and Vinod Bucha Pada (40).
In the second incident, a 27-year-old woman Maoist, Smita Karmu, was arrested from Etappli area, police said.
All were produced before a local court, which remanded them in police custody till July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam