Six Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli district
Nagpur: Six Naxals, including a woman, have been arrested in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district, police said on Saturday.
The police raided two hideouts and apprehended the Maoists yesterday. Five extremists were rounded up from Peepli Burgi area and four rifles recovered from them, they said.
They were identified as Bucha Masa Pungati (23), Mann Buccha Pada (22), Madi Ganda (30), Madi Tukka Pugati (30) and Vinod Bucha Pada (40).
In the second incident, a 27-year-old woman Maoist, Smita Karmu, was arrested from Etappli area, police said.
All were produced before a local court, which remanded them in police custody till July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state