Six Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli district
Nagpur: Six Naxals, including a woman, have been arrested in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district, police said on Saturday.
The police raided two hideouts and apprehended the Maoists yesterday. Five extremists were rounded up from Peepli Burgi area and four rifles recovered from them, they said.
They were identified as Bucha Masa Pungati (23), Mann Buccha Pada (22), Madi Ganda (30), Madi Tukka Pugati (30) and Vinod Bucha Pada (40).
In the second incident, a 27-year-old woman Maoist, Smita Karmu, was arrested from Etappli area, police said.
All were produced before a local court, which remanded them in police custody till July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'