Six policemen arrested for involvement in Dhule riot
Dhule (Maharashtra): Six police personnel were on Friday arrested for allegedly taking part in vandalism during the last month`s communal riot in North Maharashtra`s Dhule city, police said.
They were remanded in one-day police custody by the local court.
The accused were seen indulging in looting and violence in a video clip shot during the riot which rocked the city on January 6, they said.
Apart from the six policemen, three local journalists and another unidentified man showed up in the clip, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened