Six policemen arrested for involvement in Dhule riot
Dhule (Maharashtra): Six police personnel were on Friday arrested for allegedly taking part in vandalism during the last month`s communal riot in North Maharashtra`s Dhule city, police said.
They were remanded in one-day police custody by the local court.
The accused were seen indulging in looting and violence in a video clip shot during the riot which rocked the city on January 6, they said.
Apart from the six policemen, three local journalists and another unidentified man showed up in the clip, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province