Six policemen arrested for involvement in Dhule riot
Dhule (Maharashtra): Six police personnel were on Friday arrested for allegedly taking part in vandalism during the last month`s communal riot in North Maharashtra`s Dhule city, police said.
They were remanded in one-day police custody by the local court.
The accused were seen indulging in looting and violence in a video clip shot during the riot which rocked the city on January 6, they said.
Apart from the six policemen, three local journalists and another unidentified man showed up in the clip, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living