Six-year-old girl sexually assaulted in wedding hall
Nagpur: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth at a wedding hall in Kanhan near here when she had come with her parents to attend a marriage celebration, police said on Saturday.
Rakesh alias Chakradhar Jagoji Bele (27), working in an office on the top floor of the wedding hall complex, lured the girl yesterday on the pretext of giving her an ice-cream and raped her when other family members were busy in marriage function.
Later, the victim`s parents found her crying on the stairs where she informed them about the offence and also gave description of the alleged culprit.
The parents then lodged a complaint with Kanhan Police, who scanned the CCTV footage of the hall and found Bele moving suspiciously.
After failing to trace him at his office and residence, police finally spotted him near a shop on Nagpur-Jabalpur national highway and arrested him.
The accused later confessed to the crime, police said.
Offences were registered late last night against the accused under relevant sections of IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj