Skeleton found is that of Sandhya Singh: Police
Mumbai: The DNA test conducted on the skeleton recovered from Navi Mumbai has confirmed that the remains were that of Sandhya Singh, the sister of music composer Jatin and Lalit, police said Thursday.
"The DNA report confirms that the skeleton is that of Sandhya Singh", said a senior police official adding the DNA taken from the bones matched with that of Sandhya`s son Raghuveer.
The DNA report was given to the NRI police station in Navi Mumbai by the forensic laboratory today.
Sandhya (50), wife of a senior Customs officer, had gone missing since December 13 last year when she went to a bank in Nerul carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her.
The skull and bones, suspected to be that of Sandhya`s, were found at a patch of marshy land in Nerul. The police are further investigating the case.
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’