Skeleton found is that of Sandhya Singh: Police
Mumbai: The DNA test conducted on the skeleton recovered from Navi Mumbai has confirmed that the remains were that of Sandhya Singh, the sister of music composer Jatin and Lalit, police said Thursday.
"The DNA report confirms that the skeleton is that of Sandhya Singh", said a senior police official adding the DNA taken from the bones matched with that of Sandhya`s son Raghuveer.
The DNA report was given to the NRI police station in Navi Mumbai by the forensic laboratory today.
Sandhya (50), wife of a senior Customs officer, had gone missing since December 13 last year when she went to a bank in Nerul carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her.
The skull and bones, suspected to be that of Sandhya`s, were found at a patch of marshy land in Nerul. The police are further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant