Skeleton found is that of Sandhya Singh: Police
Mumbai: The DNA test conducted on the skeleton recovered from Navi Mumbai has confirmed that the remains were that of Sandhya Singh, the sister of music composer Jatin and Lalit, police said Thursday.
"The DNA report confirms that the skeleton is that of Sandhya Singh", said a senior police official adding the DNA taken from the bones matched with that of Sandhya`s son Raghuveer.
The DNA report was given to the NRI police station in Navi Mumbai by the forensic laboratory today.
Sandhya (50), wife of a senior Customs officer, had gone missing since December 13 last year when she went to a bank in Nerul carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her.
The skull and bones, suspected to be that of Sandhya`s, were found at a patch of marshy land in Nerul. The police are further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family