Skeleton found is that of Sandhya Singh: Police
Mumbai: The DNA test conducted on the skeleton recovered from Navi Mumbai has confirmed that the remains were that of Sandhya Singh, the sister of music composer Jatin and Lalit, police said Thursday.
"The DNA report confirms that the skeleton is that of Sandhya Singh", said a senior police official adding the DNA taken from the bones matched with that of Sandhya`s son Raghuveer.
The DNA report was given to the NRI police station in Navi Mumbai by the forensic laboratory today.
Sandhya (50), wife of a senior Customs officer, had gone missing since December 13 last year when she went to a bank in Nerul carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her.
The skull and bones, suspected to be that of Sandhya`s, were found at a patch of marshy land in Nerul. The police are further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections