Slow decision making by Chavan will hamper poll prospects: NCP
Nagpur: Senior NCP leader and Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel on Saturday criticised Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan over "slow decision-making" saying this delay is adversely affecting prospects of the ruling alliance in forthcoming elections.
Patel`s criticism of Chavan came close on the heels of senior NCP leader and deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar taking on the Chief Minister at a recently held Cabinet meeting over pendancy of files on key projects.
"...It was unfortunate that remaining portion of the Sea Link project is the victim of no decision. The remaining portion of the sea-link (in Mumbai) is incomplete because of slow decision making by the Chief Minister," Patel said on the sidelines of the 2nd edition of "Advantage Vidarbha" summit here.
Patel said around 22,000 houses in Mumbai meant for the poor were ready but they are lying unoccupied due to delay in their allotment.
"Slow decisions and (taking) no decisions will hamper the prospects of the Congress-NCP in the forthcoming polls," Patel said.
The Union Minister, who represents Bhandara-Gondiya Lok Sabha constituency in Vidarbha region, said new industries will not be attracted to set the shop until current power tariff is revised.
On Chavan`s decision to notify new subsidised power tariff two days back, Patel said, "Let us hope some wisdom will prevail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends