Slum rehab: ‘1995 voters` list should be base’
Mumbai: Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday said that 1995 voters` list should be the base for preparing a list of pre-1995 slum dwellers in Mumbai who would be eligible for getting free houses.
Chavan on Friday held a meeting to take a review of the slum rehabilitation scheme in the city. Minister of State for Housing Sachin Ahir was also present.
Sources said that Chavan directed that a software company should be enlisted for compilation of data base.
Top priority should be given to this project, he said, adding that if the need be, a separate mechanism can be set up.
The database would reveal the actual number of slum dwellers who are eligible for free houses, he said.
State government was committed to slum-free Mumbai, he said.
A presentation on redevelopment of dharavi slum area too was made at the meeting.
State housing agency MHADA would be redeveloping Dharavi area,Chavan said and directed officials to appoint a project adviser as early as possible and finalise tenders for the first building to be redeveloped, which would house 356 beneficiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday