Small aircraft may target Mumbai airport: IB
New Delhi: The Centre has advised all
states bordering Maharashtra to be fully alert in the wake of
intelligence inputs that terrorists may target Chhatrapati
Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by using small
Directors General of Police of Maharashtra, Gujarat,
Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Goa apart from the CISF have
been asked by central security agencies to remain on high
alert to foil any possible terrorist design to attack the
Mumbai airport, sources said.
A specific input suggested that terrorists may try to use
a small aircraft or a helicopter to target the country`s
busiest airport, the sources said.
The Centre asked the police chiefs to put small aircraft
and private helicopters under strict vigil before they are
allowed to fly, they said.
The sources said the Centre has also directed that unused
airstrips and private helipads be brought under the watch of
local law enforcement agencies and put under strict vigil.
Following the advisory, the states concerned have taken a
number of steps to intensify security in some specified areas,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report