Small aircraft may target Mumbai airport: IB
New Delhi: The Centre has advised all
states bordering Maharashtra to be fully alert in the wake of
intelligence inputs that terrorists may target Chhatrapati
Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by using small
Directors General of Police of Maharashtra, Gujarat,
Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Goa apart from the CISF have
been asked by central security agencies to remain on high
alert to foil any possible terrorist design to attack the
Mumbai airport, sources said.
A specific input suggested that terrorists may try to use
a small aircraft or a helicopter to target the country`s
busiest airport, the sources said.
The Centre asked the police chiefs to put small aircraft
and private helicopters under strict vigil before they are
allowed to fly, they said.
The sources said the Centre has also directed that unused
airstrips and private helipads be brought under the watch of
local law enforcement agencies and put under strict vigil.
Following the advisory, the states concerned have taken a
number of steps to intensify security in some specified areas,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon