`Smart` thieves steal CCTV footage from Pune shop
Pune: Unidentified `smart` thieves emptied a jewellery shop here of gold and cash worth around Rs. 2.10 crores, and the records of CCTV footages to protect their identity, police said Friday.
The theft took place at JP Jewellers in the Rastapeth area of the city around midnight, police said. Samarth police station chief V.S. Nikam said, "The owner of the shop, Kiran J. Sonegra and his family live adjacent to the shop and were asleep when the theft took place."
Sonegra, who closed the shop at 9 p.m. Thursday, discovered the theft Friday morning when he found the shutter locks broken and immediately called the police.
Nikam said that according to the shop owner, thieves took away gold ornaments weighing around 7.5 kg and Rs.47,000 in cash. All the cupboards and racks were emptied off to the smallest ornament, he added.
When police tried to retrieve the data from CCTVs installed at the shop, they were shocked to find videotapes also missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!