Social service necessary stepping stone for leaders: Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said involvement in social service helps political activists evolve into good leaders.
"Social work and politics go hand in hand. If you involve yourself in social service, it will benefit you in your political career as well," Gadkari said, addressing party workers at the inauguration of `Cataract-Free Mumbai campaign launched by senior leader Kirit Somaiya here.
Later, while talking to reporters, Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, also present at the function, said the government should declare a policy to ensure that land taken from farmers by the SEZ developers is returned if the SEZ does not come up.
"If farmers want their land back after the SEZ gets denotified, BJP will help them monetarily," Tawde said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties