Social service necessary stepping stone for leaders: Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said involvement in social service helps political activists evolve into good leaders.
"Social work and politics go hand in hand. If you involve yourself in social service, it will benefit you in your political career as well," Gadkari said, addressing party workers at the inauguration of `Cataract-Free Mumbai campaign launched by senior leader Kirit Somaiya here.
Later, while talking to reporters, Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, also present at the function, said the government should declare a policy to ensure that land taken from farmers by the SEZ developers is returned if the SEZ does not come up.
"If farmers want their land back after the SEZ gets denotified, BJP will help them monetarily," Tawde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!