Social service necessary stepping stone for leaders: Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said involvement in social service helps political activists evolve into good leaders.
"Social work and politics go hand in hand. If you involve yourself in social service, it will benefit you in your political career as well," Gadkari said, addressing party workers at the inauguration of `Cataract-Free Mumbai campaign launched by senior leader Kirit Somaiya here.
Later, while talking to reporters, Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, also present at the function, said the government should declare a policy to ensure that land taken from farmers by the SEZ developers is returned if the SEZ does not come up.
"If farmers want their land back after the SEZ gets denotified, BJP will help them monetarily," Tawde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption