Social worker Parshuram Shankar Patil dead
Thane: Prominent social worker Parshuram Shankar Patil died in Bhiwandi here after prolonged illness.
Popularly known as PSP, the 66-year-old activist passed away last evening. He is survived by wife and two children.
He was associated with various social organisations in the district was also active and associated with the Sadanand Baba Ashram of Tungareshwar, Vasai.
Patil was also instrumental in the setting up of the Prashuram Temple in Vasai.
His funeral was largly attended with a number of politicians from all political parties participating and paying tributes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29