Some outfits engaged in communal polarisation: Maha Minister
Jalna: Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister Rajesh Tope on Tuesday said communal forces are creating polarisation among communities in view of the upcoming elections.
Targeting a few political parties and some Muslim organisations, he said these groups are out to divide Muslim voters and help communal forces in Maharashtra.
Tope, who was speaking at a function here, urged the Muslim community to foil the plan of these groups and help in strengthening secular forces in the coming elections.
The Minister said the community must focus on education as it will help in overcoming all problems confronting them.
He claimed Maharashtra`s Congress-NCP Government has initiated various welfare schemes for the community. As per guidelines of the Sachar Committee, the Government has formed a separate Minority Department through which schemes related to education and social welfare are being implemented.
Tope said his Ministry has started shift system in polytechnic colleges for the benefit of minority students, the Minister said.
As many as 4,500 houses have been allotted to members of minority communities in Jalna district under a housing scheme, the Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened