Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi should be blamed for Congress` defeat in LS polls: Udddhav Thackeray
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday hit out at Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi for the party`s defeat in Lok Sabha Elections.
Slamming a report which was submitted by Congress leader AK Antony to Sonia Gandhi last week, Thackeray said that nobody within the grand old party has guts to speak the truth in front of the Congress president.
In the report, Antony had said that Rahul Gandhi was not responsible for the poll debacle which the party faced in the Lok Sabha Elections.
Antony, who headed a committee that probed the reasons for Congress` loss in the Lok Sabha polls, had also told reporters: "Rahul and Sonia ji were the ones who held rallies across the country. Something else was the reason for the loss".
In an editorial in Shiv Sena`s mouthpiece Saamna, Thackeray hit out at the report and asked: "Will the Congress supporters or the masses ever believe this?”
“Questions were being raised against the leadership of Rahul Gandhi after the poll debacle. In a bid to curb these voices, Congress formed a committee. The worst thing was that Congress chose an upright leader like AK Antony to convey a lie. The party used his image to make a report which is an utter lie.”
"The party pinned the blame of the loss on the local leaders. But the truth is the local leader as well as big leaders are, in a hushed up tone, blaming the Gandhis for the loss," the editorial added.
“When the Congress gives credit to Gandhis for the victory, the mother-don duo should be blamed if the party faces defeat.”
A four-member committee was formed under the leadership of former defence minister AK Antony, which looked into the reason for Congress` defeat in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Congress, which led the previous government, could manage to win only 44 seats in the 16th Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes