Sonia Gandhi to address rally in Mumbai on April 20
Mumbai: Congress president Sonia Gandhi would address a election rally in the city on April 20, ahead of the third phase of Lok Sabha elections in Maharashtra.
The Congress chief would also be accompanied by her son and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi, a senior party leader said.
"Although it is a Congress rally, other alliance partners including NCP chief Sharad Pawar will also be invited for the event," the leader said.
"We have finalised the MMRDA grounds in suburban Bandra-Kurla complex. This rally will be a befitting reply to BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi`s rally which was held in December last year," he said.
He said that supporters and followers of Congress from various parts of the city, suburbs and neighbouring Thane district would attend the "mega-rally".
"We are expecting double the crowd that was seen during the Modi rally. We have booked ten plots in the MMMRDA grounds. Whereas, the BJP had booked only four plots," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi