Sonia Gandhi to address rally in Mumbai on April 20
Mumbai: Congress president Sonia Gandhi would address a election rally in the city on April 20, ahead of the third phase of Lok Sabha elections in Maharashtra.
The Congress chief would also be accompanied by her son and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi, a senior party leader said.
"Although it is a Congress rally, other alliance partners including NCP chief Sharad Pawar will also be invited for the event," the leader said.
"We have finalised the MMRDA grounds in suburban Bandra-Kurla complex. This rally will be a befitting reply to BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi`s rally which was held in December last year," he said.
He said that supporters and followers of Congress from various parts of the city, suburbs and neighbouring Thane district would attend the "mega-rally".
"We are expecting double the crowd that was seen during the Modi rally. We have booked ten plots in the MMMRDA grounds. Whereas, the BJP had booked only four plots," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says