`Sonstroked` Cong to take time on tickets for leaders` kin
New Delhi: Plagued by "sonstrokes" in the
October 13 Maharashtra Assembly polls, the Congress high
command is playing it cool to take a decision on the issue of
giving tickets to the kith and kin of party leaders.
Sons, daughters and near relatives of about a dozen
leaders, big and small, are aspirants for the party ticket
including Rajendra Shekhawat, son of President Pratibha Patil.
The list also include Amit Deshmukh, son of Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, Praneti Shinde, daughter of Union
Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Sagar Meghe, son of party MP
"The Congress President is sensitive in these matters. We
are not going to take an early decision. They (sons and kith
and kin) will continue to be on tenterhooks for some time," a
central leader of the party said.
PCC Chief Manikrao Thakre suggested that the party would
be toeing the middle line on the issue of granting tickets to
the kith and kin of senior leaders in the state.
"There is nothing bad if the sons of the party`s
committed workers get tickets," he said.
A central leader recalled that Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, son of late S B Chavan who had been a Chief Minister,
had got the ticket from the youth quota.
The President`s son, Rajendra, wants the ticket from
Amravati constituency of Vidarbha region, a seat once
represented by his father Devisingh Shekhawat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India