SP worker arrested for molesting woman, rioting
Mumbai: A Samajwadi Party activist, who lost the last civic body election, was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly molesting a woman and rioting in suburban Andheri, police said.
Arif Khan, the Samajwadi party candidate from Andheri in the last civic body elections in Mumbai, was today arrested after his anticipatory bail was rejected by the Sessions Court in a case where he was charged for molestation and rioting among others, police said.
According to police, Khan had an argument with the victim at Pacific Towers at Sagar city area in Andheri a few days back. The accused and his group created ruckus there. The woman claimed that during the argument, the accused touched her inappropriately.
Subsequently, an FIR was registered against Khan and his associates under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 141 (unlawful assembly), 142 (being member of unlawful assembly) and 147 (rioting) following the victim`s complaint, police said.
Khan could not be traced since the incident and he moved an anticipatory bail plea before the Sessions Court. As it was rejected, Khan was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie