Spanish woman rape case: Stolen money, valuables recovered
Mumbai: City police, probing the Spanish musician rape case, on Saturday recovered the stolen money and valuables from the residence of the accused even as the victim left for her country.
"A Sony camera, 70 Euros, 50 pounds, 17 cents, a Titan Raga watch and 2 American diamond earrings were among the things recovered from the residence of the accused at Reay Road in south Mumbai," Additional police commissioner Vishwas Nangare Patil said.
The accused, Mohammad Badshah alias Anwar Mohammed Ismail
Ansari, has confessed to the crime and is now in police custody, Patil said adding that "the victim left for her country on Thursday evening".
Police have also recovered a mobile which the accused had stolen on the same night from another house before committing the offence at the residence of Spanish lady.
During identification parade at Arthur Road jail on Thursday, the victim identified him as the one who robbed and sexually assaulted her after breaking into her flat in suburban Bandra in the early hours of Monday.
Ansari has been booked for various offences including Sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.
Incidentally, Ansari had been arrested on October 27 for
committing robbery at the residence of Bollywood actor Dino Morea but was later granted bail in this case. The accused, who is a habitual offender, was also externed from the city last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation