Speaker should take note of Maharashtra Sadan incident: Atul Anjan
New Delhi: Senior CPI leader Atul Anjan on Thursday asked the Speaker to take note of the incident where Shiv Sena MPs allegedly forced a Muslim man to break his fast in the Maharashtra Sadan and present it before an ethics committee.
Anjan told ANI, "If Marathi `manoos` is dishonoured by not getting proper food in Maharashtra Sadan than I call it a narrow mindset. The speaker should take notice of it. In the Parliament, the way BJP leaders Bidhuri and Owaisi behaved is disrespectful to Indian people."
Anjan also said that if the Speaker cannot take action against the MPs for their disrespectful behavior then she should turn it into a fish market.
Shiv Sena MPs had allegedly forced a Muslim catering supervisor to break his Ramzan fast at Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi last week.
The MPs were apparently angry over not being served good food.
The Maharashtra Sadan has apologised to the employee even as the Shiv Sena has claimed that they were not aware of the employee`s religion.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday had maintained that his party holds all religions with high respect and that there was no intention to hurt anyone`s religious sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried