Special CBI court to hear Shehla murder case from July 13
Indore: The special CBI court here would hear the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case from July 13.
Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez is the main accused in the case.
District Judge SS Sisodia on Monday referred the case to the Fourth Additional Sessions Judge Anupam Srivastava, who listed hearing on July 13, Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla said.
On June 22, Judicial Magistrate (CBI cases) Dr Shubhra Singh committed the trial to Indore District Court, rejecting demand of the accused that the trial be shifted to Bhopal, where the offence had taken place.
Two revision petitions against Magistrate`s order would also be heard on July 13.
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
While coming out of the court, Zahida told reporters today that Vandana Singh, wife of BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh, had not been questioned by the CBI.
"CBI should make her (Vandana) an accused in the case," Zahida said.
The CBI had questioned the MLA in connection with the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan