Special police cell for crime against women in Mum
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would be setting up a special cell for speedy probe of crimes against women in the megapolis.
This `Prevention of Crime Against Women` Cell would be on the lines of Economic Offences Wing, state Home Minister R R Patil said here.
A DCP-rank officer will be in charge of the cell which will function under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). The cell will have a staff of over 70 officers.
It will deal with cases of rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc, and also dowry-related crimes.
Patil said police in other cities too were keen to have such special cell.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?