Special police cell for crime against women in Mum
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would be setting up a special cell for speedy probe of crimes against women in the megapolis.
This `Prevention of Crime Against Women` Cell would be on the lines of Economic Offences Wing, state Home Minister R R Patil said here.
A DCP-rank officer will be in charge of the cell which will function under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). The cell will have a staff of over 70 officers.
It will deal with cases of rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc, and also dowry-related crimes.
Patil said police in other cities too were keen to have such special cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert