Special police cell for crime against women in Mum
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would be setting up a special cell for speedy probe of crimes against women in the megapolis.
This `Prevention of Crime Against Women` Cell would be on the lines of Economic Offences Wing, state Home Minister R R Patil said here.
A DCP-rank officer will be in charge of the cell which will function under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). The cell will have a staff of over 70 officers.
It will deal with cases of rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc, and also dowry-related crimes.
Patil said police in other cities too were keen to have such special cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT