Special police cell for crime against women in Mum
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would be setting up a special cell for speedy probe of crimes against women in the megapolis.
This `Prevention of Crime Against Women` Cell would be on the lines of Economic Offences Wing, state Home Minister R R Patil said here.
A DCP-rank officer will be in charge of the cell which will function under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). The cell will have a staff of over 70 officers.
It will deal with cases of rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc, and also dowry-related crimes.
Patil said police in other cities too were keen to have such special cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack