Special police cell for crime against women in Mum
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would be setting up a special cell for speedy probe of crimes against women in the megapolis.
This `Prevention of Crime Against Women` Cell would be on the lines of Economic Offences Wing, state Home Minister R R Patil said here.
A DCP-rank officer will be in charge of the cell which will function under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). The cell will have a staff of over 70 officers.
It will deal with cases of rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc, and also dowry-related crimes.
Patil said police in other cities too were keen to have such special cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened