Special security arrangements across Mumbai: CM
Mumbai: Special security arrangements have
been put in place across the metropolis, where the Ganesh
festival is in full swing, in the wake of Wednesday`s blast in
Delhi that left 11 people dead and scores injured.
At all sensitive places, particularly at courts, there
will be special security arrangements in view of Delhi blasts.
Instructions have also been issued to install maximum CCTVs,
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.
"I appeal to devotees that in the light of Delhi incident,
we all should take precaution and cooperate with authorities
and not carry any bags while going to darshan," Chavan told
reporters after a meeting of the State Cabinet, which was
followed by another meeting to review security.
"If any suspicious object is found, please notify security
agencies," he said.
In all cities, where large number of devotees congregate
during the festive season, bags should not be allowed and
people should be checked before being allowed entry, he said.
Progress has also been made in the 13/7 Mumbai blasts
case, the chief minister said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil asked
security agencies to step up vigil and appealed to citizens to
not believe in rumours.
Ahead of the Ganesh immersion which falls on Sunday,
Patil told reporters that the pandals in the city have been
directed to immediately procure wireless cameras so that
police could monitor the crowds.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik visited the Bombay
High Court here to take stock of the security measures and
adequate precautions are being taken, Patil said, referring
to the blast in Delhi.
Asked about Maharashtra ATS team visiting Delhi, he said
ATS chief Rakesh Maria "is in Mumbai and may go to Delhi later
to seek information".
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why