Spiritual guru Wamanrao Pai no more
Mumbai: Spiritual leader Wamanrao Pai passed away here on Tuesday at the age of 89 following a brief illness.
Pai, who had thousands of followers all over Maharashtra, breathed his last at a hospital in suburban Mumbai, his family said.
Pai, who retired as the deputy secretary (finance) in Maharashtra government in 1981, was born in 1923 and founded the Jeevanvidya Mission which was involved in social work in the state.
In his condolence message, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar lauded the work done by Pai, saying "he would be remembered for awakening the masses".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush