Spiritual guru Wamanrao Pai no more
Mumbai: Spiritual leader Wamanrao Pai passed away here on Tuesday at the age of 89 following a brief illness.
Pai, who had thousands of followers all over Maharashtra, breathed his last at a hospital in suburban Mumbai, his family said.
Pai, who retired as the deputy secretary (finance) in Maharashtra government in 1981, was born in 1923 and founded the Jeevanvidya Mission which was involved in social work in the state.
In his condolence message, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar lauded the work done by Pai, saying "he would be remembered for awakening the masses".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!