Spot boy arrested for raping woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spot boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a married woman at her residence in Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon here, police said on Tuesday.
Accused Saddam Khan, a slum dweller in Aarey Colony works in the Film City, raped the woman on Thursday when she was alone at home in the same area, they said adding he was arrested yesterday.
The victim claimed that the accused had barged into her house before assaulting her. He then gagged, raped her and walked away after threatening to kill her if she revealed the incident to anybody.
Traumatised, the victim resisted apprising her husband, who also works in the Film City about the suffering she faced due to the incident for three days.
However, she garnered courage on Sunday, broke down before her husband, narrating the incident following which the matter was brought before the Aarey Sub police station.
After recording the victim`s statement, accused Khan was traced and arrested yesterday, said Uttam More, Senior Inspector, Aarey Sub police station.
A molestation case was registered against Khan earlier in the police station, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan