Spot boy arrested for raping woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spot boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a married woman at her residence in Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon here, police said on Tuesday.
Accused Saddam Khan, a slum dweller in Aarey Colony works in the Film City, raped the woman on Thursday when she was alone at home in the same area, they said adding he was arrested yesterday.
The victim claimed that the accused had barged into her house before assaulting her. He then gagged, raped her and walked away after threatening to kill her if she revealed the incident to anybody.
Traumatised, the victim resisted apprising her husband, who also works in the Film City about the suffering she faced due to the incident for three days.
However, she garnered courage on Sunday, broke down before her husband, narrating the incident following which the matter was brought before the Aarey Sub police station.
After recording the victim`s statement, accused Khan was traced and arrested yesterday, said Uttam More, Senior Inspector, Aarey Sub police station.
A molestation case was registered against Khan earlier in the police station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'