Spot boy arrested for raping woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spot boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a married woman at her residence in Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon here, police said on Tuesday.
Accused Saddam Khan, a slum dweller in Aarey Colony works in the Film City, raped the woman on Thursday when she was alone at home in the same area, they said adding he was arrested yesterday.
The victim claimed that the accused had barged into her house before assaulting her. He then gagged, raped her and walked away after threatening to kill her if she revealed the incident to anybody.
Traumatised, the victim resisted apprising her husband, who also works in the Film City about the suffering she faced due to the incident for three days.
However, she garnered courage on Sunday, broke down before her husband, narrating the incident following which the matter was brought before the Aarey Sub police station.
After recording the victim`s statement, accused Khan was traced and arrested yesterday, said Uttam More, Senior Inspector, Aarey Sub police station.
A molestation case was registered against Khan earlier in the police station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured