Spot boy arrested for raping woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spot boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a married woman at her residence in Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon here, police said on Tuesday.
Accused Saddam Khan, a slum dweller in Aarey Colony works in the Film City, raped the woman on Thursday when she was alone at home in the same area, they said adding he was arrested yesterday.
The victim claimed that the accused had barged into her house before assaulting her. He then gagged, raped her and walked away after threatening to kill her if she revealed the incident to anybody.
Traumatised, the victim resisted apprising her husband, who also works in the Film City about the suffering she faced due to the incident for three days.
However, she garnered courage on Sunday, broke down before her husband, narrating the incident following which the matter was brought before the Aarey Sub police station.
After recording the victim`s statement, accused Khan was traced and arrested yesterday, said Uttam More, Senior Inspector, Aarey Sub police station.
A molestation case was registered against Khan earlier in the police station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan