Spurned boy stabs minor girl in Thane
Mumbai: A 16-year-old girl was stabbed in the stomach by a 17-year-old boy at her residence in Thane’s Vartak Nagar area on Sunday evening. While the girl has been admitted to Kaushalya Hospital, the Vartak Nagar police have arrested the boy and registered a case of attempt to murder against him.
According to the police, the girl, who resides in the Savarkar Nagar Mhada Colony in Thane West and is in Class 11, was known to the boy as they hailed from the same native place. A resident of Nallasopara, the boy, Mangesh Salvi (name changed), who is a 10th dropout and who worked as a salesman, was apparently in a one-sided relationship with the girl.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 5), Wagle Estate, BB Patil said, “Both the victim and the culprit are from Vaibhav Wadi in Sindhudurg district. The culprit was having an unreciprocated love affair with the girl. In fact, he had proposed to her a year before but the girl had turned him down, following which they stopped talking to each other for the last one year. However, after one year, both the culprit and the victim met at a visarjan procession at their native place where both their families had gone to celebrate Ganpati. At the procession, the boy had apparently threatened the
girl of dire consequences. The girl didn’t discuss the same with her parents thinking it as a petty issue.”
On Sunday evening around 6, Salvi came to the residence of the girl.
“The girl’s mother offered him tea. Her father, who was sleeping at the time, woke up hearing Salvi’s voice. Salvi told him that he wanted to have a word with him. The victim’s father then went to the washroom, while her mother was in the kitchen. It was at this point, Salvi fished out a knife from his bag and stabbed the girl,” Patil added.
According to Nitin Bangale, senior police inspector, Vartak Nagar police station, “After the incident, a crowd gathered hearing the girl’s screams and caught Salvi. We have arrested Salvi, who will be produced in a Thane court on Monday.”
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy