Spurned boy stabs minor girl in Thane
Mumbai: A 16-year-old girl was stabbed in the stomach by a 17-year-old boy at her residence in Thane’s Vartak Nagar area on Sunday evening. While the girl has been admitted to Kaushalya Hospital, the Vartak Nagar police have arrested the boy and registered a case of attempt to murder against him.
According to the police, the girl, who resides in the Savarkar Nagar Mhada Colony in Thane West and is in Class 11, was known to the boy as they hailed from the same native place. A resident of Nallasopara, the boy, Mangesh Salvi (name changed), who is a 10th dropout and who worked as a salesman, was apparently in a one-sided relationship with the girl.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 5), Wagle Estate, BB Patil said, “Both the victim and the culprit are from Vaibhav Wadi in Sindhudurg district. The culprit was having an unreciprocated love affair with the girl. In fact, he had proposed to her a year before but the girl had turned him down, following which they stopped talking to each other for the last one year. However, after one year, both the culprit and the victim met at a visarjan procession at their native place where both their families had gone to celebrate Ganpati. At the procession, the boy had apparently threatened the
girl of dire consequences. The girl didn’t discuss the same with her parents thinking it as a petty issue.”
On Sunday evening around 6, Salvi came to the residence of the girl.
“The girl’s mother offered him tea. Her father, who was sleeping at the time, woke up hearing Salvi’s voice. Salvi told him that he wanted to have a word with him. The victim’s father then went to the washroom, while her mother was in the kitchen. It was at this point, Salvi fished out a knife from his bag and stabbed the girl,” Patil added.
According to Nitin Bangale, senior police inspector, Vartak Nagar police station, “After the incident, a crowd gathered hearing the girl’s screams and caught Salvi. We have arrested Salvi, who will be produced in a Thane court on Monday.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city