Sr citizen from Delhi found murdered in Mumbai
Mumbai: A senior citizen from Delhi was
allegedly stabbed to death at his residence here in suburban
Jogeshwari yesterday with cops launching a manhunt for his
small time actor son and his friend suspecting their
involvement in the crime, police said.
Arunkumar Tiku (62), who had come to Mumbai a few days
ago from Delhi, was found in a pool of blood with stabbing
marks on his abdomen in the bedroom of three attached flats in
Samarth Aangan building of Lokhandwala Complex on Saturday night,
His son Anuj, along with a friend who was yet to be
identified, were at large, police said adding Anuj used to
stay in these flats.
According to police, a phone call was received at the
Control Room stating a heated argument was taking place inside
flat numbers 101, 102, 103 in the Samarth Aangan building.
"When the cops went there, doors of the flats were
locked. One of the doors was broken open when Arunkumar was
found murdered. A knife was also recovered from the spot,"
said DK Rupwate, senior inspector at Oshiwara police station.
Anuj and his friend appeared to have escaped from the
windows of the flats as there was nobody inside the house,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'