Sr Customs officer`s wife goes missing with jewellery
Mumbai: The 50-year-old wife of a senior Customs officer, carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her, went missing from outside a bank in Nerul in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said today.
The victim Sandhya Singh is the wife of Customs and Central Excise Commissioner Jaiprakash Singh and sister of yesteryear actresses Sulakshana Pandit and Vijeta Pandit.
Sandhya`s brother Jatin and Lalit are noted music composers in Bollywood.
"A missing person`s complaint was registered on December 15 by her (Sandhya`s) husband Jaiprakash after their efforts to trace (her) at places of their relatives and friends failed", said Nerul police station Senior Inspector Rajkumar Chaphekar.
According to Jaiprakash, Sandhya had left their home at NRI Colony in Seawoods Darave on December 13 afternoon carrying jewellery worth about Rs 20 lakh to deposit in the locker of Abhyudaya Bank.
"While Sandhya was on her way, her friend Uma Gaur proposed to give her lift in car. Accordingly, Sandhya was dropped near the bank by Gaur and since then she has been missing," said Chaphekar.
There were no bank transactions and last location of her mobile phone was traced near the bank where she was dropped but later the phone was switched off, the officer said.
According to Jaiprakash, he was in Gwalior on December 14 when his son informed him that Sandhya has not returned home since the previous day. "Initially, we thought she must have gone to relatives` places but she was not found there", he added.
The senior Customs officer suspects that his wife might have fallen prey to a trap laid by somebody. He has also announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information on whereabouts of Sandhya.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview