Stamp duty on leave and license agreements slashed in Maha
Mumbai: Rates of stamp duty in Mumbai and
suburbs on Leave and License Agreements will be lowered to
bring uniformity with existing rates in other major cities
like Pune and Thane district.
A bill to this effect was passed in the legislative
Minister of State for Revenue, Prakash Solanke said the
stamp duty of Rs 750 will be brought down to Rs 600 where the
amount of average annual rent plus the amount of security
deposit or money advanced or to be advanced does not exceed
Rs 2.5 lakh for a single term of twelve months.
Similarly, the duty of Rs 1500 will be brought down to
Rs 1200 where the amount of average annual rent plus the
amount of security deposit or money advanced or to be advanced
exceeds Rs 2.5 lakh but does not exceed Rs 5 lakh for a single
term of eleven months.
The duty of Rs 3000 has been brought down to Rs 2000
where the amount of average annual rent plus the amount of
security deposit or money advanced or to be advanced exceeds
Rs five lakh but does not exceed Rs 20 lakh for a single term
of eleven months, the minister said.
Instead of Rs ten, Rs 100 will be charged as stamp duty
on the counterpart or duplicate of any instrument.
Solanke said the revenue earning of state government
through stamp duty till February 2010, stood at Rs 8800 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed