Stampede at Army base camp near Nashik, at least 10 injured
Zee Media Bureau
Nashik: At least 10 people sustained injuries on Tuesday in a stampede during an Army recruitment exercise at Deolali Camp, situated 16 kilometres from here.
According to reports, 40,000 people hailing from six states were present at the camp when the incident occurred.
Chaos prevailed when a large number of young men were forming queues to collect tokens for the recruitment exercise. The men then began running helter-skelter, leading to a stampede.
On Monday night, some applicants had rushed to the railway station when it started to rain as the camp did not have adequate arrangement to accommodate a huge number of aspirants.
Deolali Camp, established by the British, is one of the oldest military centres in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?