State produces MoEF documents on Lavasa
Pune: The Maharashtra Pollution Control
Board (MPCB), which has filed a case against Lavasa
Corporation in a magistrate court here, on Thursday submitted all
relevant documents from the Union Ministry of Environment and
Forests in the court.
The state agency also filed record of Registrar of
Company (RoC), containing information about the directors of
Lavasa Corporation, in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate
The court, at an earlier hearing, had demanded these
documents. The next hearing will be on November 23.
Lavasa township project in Pune district ran into trouble
after the Union Ministry questioned how the project could
start off without mandatory clearances.
MoEF later said it would grant clearance if, among other
things, the state took action against the Corporation.
Recently, after the state filed a case under the
Environment Protection Act against the Corporation, the Union
ministry granted clearance to the first phase of the ambitious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'