State produces MoEF documents on Lavasa
Pune: The Maharashtra Pollution Control
Board (MPCB), which has filed a case against Lavasa
Corporation in a magistrate court here, on Thursday submitted all
relevant documents from the Union Ministry of Environment and
Forests in the court.
The state agency also filed record of Registrar of
Company (RoC), containing information about the directors of
Lavasa Corporation, in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate
The court, at an earlier hearing, had demanded these
documents. The next hearing will be on November 23.
Lavasa township project in Pune district ran into trouble
after the Union Ministry questioned how the project could
start off without mandatory clearances.
MoEF later said it would grant clearance if, among other
things, the state took action against the Corporation.
Recently, after the state filed a case under the
Environment Protection Act against the Corporation, the Union
ministry granted clearance to the first phase of the ambitious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what