Stolen goods worth Rs 6.5 lakh seized from Nashik
Nashik: Stolen goods worth Rs 6.5 lakh were seized by Nashik police following a sudden raid in an apartment here.
The goods, stolen from Wagholi Octroi Naka in Pune were seized here yesterday along with the transport truck.
According to police, in January this year, this truck loaded with goods was proceeding to Banglore and stopped at the naka in Pune for paying octroi-tax. As the driver went to pay it, the truck was stolen alongwith goods by unknown persons after which a complaint was registered at Pune airport police station.
The goods included 114 pieces of LPG gas stoves, crystel model, 114 pieces of elegant model gasstove, 72 wooden caroms boards and 25 sacks of poultry food, they said.
Other goods worth Rs 40 lakh are still missing, police added.
Two persons have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video