Stone pelting on Raj Thackeray`s convoy stage-managed: NCP
Mumbai: Rebutting Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS`) allegations that its party workers were involved in the attack on Raj Thackeray`s convoy in Ahmednagar district, NCP on Wednesday claimed that the stone pelting incident was "stage-managed".
"Stone pelting on Raj`s convoy was stage-managed. NCP has no history of politics of destruction unlike the MNS which has mastered the art of misguiding the youth and making them anti-social elements", said party spokesperson Nawab Malik.
He, however, admitted that NCP activists held a demonstration and waved black flags at Raj Thackeray`s convoy at Bhingar town in Ahmednagar district in western Maharashtra last night.
Raj, who has been on a statewide tour, had gone there for some party-related work.
"Our workers did stage a demonstration and waved black flags at Raj`s convoy to protest against his derogatory remarks against our leaders in his Solapur rally," Malik told reporters.
He said the party expected Home department to act against those who destroyed public property through the day in different parts of the state.
Malik was reacting to reports of MNS supporters vandalising the NCP office in Ambernath in neighbouring Thane district, setting afire effigies of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and blackening of his posters, besides stone pelting in city suburbs including Chembur, Kurla and Bandra.
Malik alleged that MNS MLA Ram Kadam was responsible for inciting attacks on NCP offices.
Meanwhile, NCP state unit chief Madhukar Pichad appealed to party cadres to not get provoked by attacks on party offices in different parts of the state and stay away from retaliation.
"Maharashtra is reeling under drought and party workers should direct their energy in constructive work to provide relief to the people rather than indulging in destructive activities", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report