Stone pelting on Raj Thackeray`s convoy stage-managed: NCP
Mumbai: Rebutting Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS`) allegations that its party workers were involved in the attack on Raj Thackeray`s convoy in Ahmednagar district, NCP on Wednesday claimed that the stone pelting incident was "stage-managed".
"Stone pelting on Raj`s convoy was stage-managed. NCP has no history of politics of destruction unlike the MNS which has mastered the art of misguiding the youth and making them anti-social elements", said party spokesperson Nawab Malik.
He, however, admitted that NCP activists held a demonstration and waved black flags at Raj Thackeray`s convoy at Bhingar town in Ahmednagar district in western Maharashtra last night.
Raj, who has been on a statewide tour, had gone there for some party-related work.
"Our workers did stage a demonstration and waved black flags at Raj`s convoy to protest against his derogatory remarks against our leaders in his Solapur rally," Malik told reporters.
He said the party expected Home department to act against those who destroyed public property through the day in different parts of the state.
Malik was reacting to reports of MNS supporters vandalising the NCP office in Ambernath in neighbouring Thane district, setting afire effigies of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and blackening of his posters, besides stone pelting in city suburbs including Chembur, Kurla and Bandra.
Malik alleged that MNS MLA Ram Kadam was responsible for inciting attacks on NCP offices.
Meanwhile, NCP state unit chief Madhukar Pichad appealed to party cadres to not get provoked by attacks on party offices in different parts of the state and stay away from retaliation.
"Maharashtra is reeling under drought and party workers should direct their energy in constructive work to provide relief to the people rather than indulging in destructive activities", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan