Stray dogs found eating abandoned newborn girl`s body
Yavatmal: Stray dogs were found gnawing at the body of an abandoned newborn girl on the government medical college premises here, a senior official said here on Wednesday.
"On Sunday evening, some people noticed that some stray dogs were eating the body of the newborn girl on the college premises. The mutilated body was recovered from the spot and immediately sent for post-mortem," Medical Superintendent Dr Kishor Ingole said.
He said that they were clueless about who dumped the body of the infant on the college premises.
"Somebody from outside must have dumped the deceased girl on the hospital premises. The campus is spread over 120 hectares and hence it is difficult to keep a tab on the visitors," Ingole said.
An FIR was registered in this connection and probes are on to trace her parents.
Ingole informed that a similar incident had taken place on the campus earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players