Stray dogs found eating abandoned newborn girl`s body
Yavatmal: Stray dogs were found gnawing at the body of an abandoned newborn girl on the government medical college premises here, a senior official said here on Wednesday.
"On Sunday evening, some people noticed that some stray dogs were eating the body of the newborn girl on the college premises. The mutilated body was recovered from the spot and immediately sent for post-mortem," Medical Superintendent Dr Kishor Ingole said.
He said that they were clueless about who dumped the body of the infant on the college premises.
"Somebody from outside must have dumped the deceased girl on the hospital premises. The campus is spread over 120 hectares and hence it is difficult to keep a tab on the visitors," Ingole said.
An FIR was registered in this connection and probes are on to trace her parents.
Ingole informed that a similar incident had taken place on the campus earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued