Strengthening security top priority: Patil
Mumbai: Strengthening security to avert
26/11 type terror attacks would be the top priority of
Maharashtra government, Home Minister R R Patil said here
"Beefing up the security apparatus and improving
coordination among concerned agencies would top my agenda,"
Patil, who has made a comeback to the Home department a year
after the attacks, said.
The senior NCP leader had resigned after the 26/11
Mumbai terror attacks, saying "his conscience did not permit
him to continue in the post". He was later made party`s state
"Coastal security is already being strengthened. We
will improve coordination with Navy and Coast Guard," Patil
The terrorists involved in 26/11 attacks had come via
the sea route.
The first batch of Force One commandos, the elite
force formed on the lines of National Security Guards (NSG),
is ready, the minister said.
"The first batch has been trained and will be
operational soon," he added.
The government would also speed up modernisation of
police force and strengthen intelligence machinery, Patil
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez