Strong Lokpal needed to root out graft: Hazare
Parli Vaijnath: Veteran social worker Anna Hazare on Monday said a strong Lokpal at the Centre and effective Lokayukta in states are required to fight the menace of corruption.
The office of Lokayukta in Maharashtra should be provided with adequate resources to root out corruption, he said addressing a public meeting here in Beed district of Marathwada region.
The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to demand a thorough revamp of Lokayukta institution in Maharashtra.
Every government officer and employee should declare their assets, the veteran Gandhian said.
He also targeted the Manmohan Singh government.
The UPA Government is not afraid of any kind of agitation, morcha or hunger strike, but it is afraid of losing power, he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month