Strong Lokpal needed to root out graft: Hazare
Parli Vaijnath: Veteran social worker Anna Hazare on Monday said a strong Lokpal at the Centre and effective Lokayukta in states are required to fight the menace of corruption.
The office of Lokayukta in Maharashtra should be provided with adequate resources to root out corruption, he said addressing a public meeting here in Beed district of Marathwada region.
The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to demand a thorough revamp of Lokayukta institution in Maharashtra.
Every government officer and employee should declare their assets, the veteran Gandhian said.
He also targeted the Manmohan Singh government.
The UPA Government is not afraid of any kind of agitation, morcha or hunger strike, but it is afraid of losing power, he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad