Strong Lokpal needed to root out graft: Hazare
Parli Vaijnath: Veteran social worker Anna Hazare on Monday said a strong Lokpal at the Centre and effective Lokayukta in states are required to fight the menace of corruption.
The office of Lokayukta in Maharashtra should be provided with adequate resources to root out corruption, he said addressing a public meeting here in Beed district of Marathwada region.
The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to demand a thorough revamp of Lokayukta institution in Maharashtra.
Every government officer and employee should declare their assets, the veteran Gandhian said.
He also targeted the Manmohan Singh government.
The UPA Government is not afraid of any kind of agitation, morcha or hunger strike, but it is afraid of losing power, he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him