Strong Lokpal needed to root out graft: Hazare
Parli Vaijnath: Veteran social worker Anna Hazare on Monday said a strong Lokpal at the Centre and effective Lokayukta in states are required to fight the menace of corruption.
The office of Lokayukta in Maharashtra should be provided with adequate resources to root out corruption, he said addressing a public meeting here in Beed district of Marathwada region.
The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to demand a thorough revamp of Lokayukta institution in Maharashtra.
Every government officer and employee should declare their assets, the veteran Gandhian said.
He also targeted the Manmohan Singh government.
The UPA Government is not afraid of any kind of agitation, morcha or hunger strike, but it is afraid of losing power, he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!