Students detained for organising Friendship Day party
Pune: About 350 students of the Symbiosis Institute were detained by police for allegedly organising a "friendship day" party without "proper permission" at a farm house in nearby Theur, police said here Monday.
Some of the students, including women, had consumed alcohol at the party which was held last night, they said, adding the detained students are being subjected to a medical test to determine alcohol level in blood under provisions of Bombay Prohibition Act.
When contacted, Dr Vidya Yeravadekar, director of the Institute told PTI that the students had sought permission of hostel authorities for a "late out" but had failed to return within the time limit prescribed by the institute authorities.
It was not a "rave" party at which narcotic drugs are consumed, police said.
According to Yeravadekar, the girls detained at the farm house, were released by police.
The students involved are doing their MBA at the Symbiosis Management Institute.
An internal enquiry would be set up to probe the incident, Yeravadekar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4