Submit B Com marks in two days, HC tells colleges
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday directed all university-affiliated colleges across Maharashtra to submit the internal marks of third-year B Com students within two days, so that the final results can be declared within the stipulated time.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice M S Sanklecha was hearing a public interest litigation filed by Akhil Bhartiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP), students` wing of the BJP, challenging the ongoing boycott by the Maharashtra Federation of University Colleges Teachers` Association.
The Association has boycotted assessment of answer sheets of third year B.Com students till the time they are not paid salaries as recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission.
The court was on Tuesday informed that the Universities cannot release the final results as it has not yet received the internal marks of students of TY B. Com from colleges across the state. The High Court then directed the colleges to do so within two days. The bench has posted the matter on May 10 for final orders.
Uday Warunjikar, appearing for ABVP, told the court that the dispute between the teachers and government has been on since three months and no solution has been arrived at despite several meetings between the two parties.
As per the University rules, the results have to be declared within 45 days from the last date of examination.
Warunjikar argued that if the examination papers are not assessed and results are not declared in time, then admission process for further courses would be delayed. Lakhs of students would then suffer because of the boycott by teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video