Submit compliance reports on directives: Guv to Maha Govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K
Sankaranarayanan has asked the state government to submit soon
the compliance reports on his directives, specially regarding
fixation of responsibility for diversion of irrigation funds.
Compliance reports on the directives of May 27, 2009,
regarding fixation of responsibility for diversion of
irrigation funds, impact assessment study and time and cost
overruns have not been submitted as yet, the Governor said.
The latest directive issued last week by the Governor
regarding compliance reports was under Rule 7 of the
Development Boards for Vidarbha, Marathwada and the rest of
Maharashtra Order, 1994, for the region-wise distribution of
outlays in the Annual Plan of FY 2010-11.
"There shall be no diversion of funds from backlog
districts to non-backlog districts and from the area of one
development board to another without prior approval of the
Governor," the directive dated March 19 said.
"In the earlier directives of March 1, 2007, March 6,
2008 and May 27, 2009, the Governor had expressed anxiety over
issues of governance in backward areas and desired that the
issues such as delegation of powers, adequacy of staff, flow
of funds and logistic support, land availability and
coordination between various departments and other issues of
governance be addressed on top priority," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India