Sugarcane worker set on fire succumbs to burns
Beed: A 30-year-old sugarcane worker, who was set on fire in Georai tehsil, allegedly by a foreman after he failed to repay a loan sum of Rs 5,000, succumbed to his burns on Monday at the civil hospital here, police said.
The victim --Shahadev Tayad-- suffered 82 percent burns
after he was set ablaze yesterday by foreman Vashishta Dake,
who lent him Rs 10,000, they said.
Tayad died this morning at the civil hospital here,
while undergoing treatment.
The Dalit worker, a resident of Chincholi Sindphana
village in the tehsil, had borrowed Rs 10,000 from Dake as an
education loan for his son. He had managed to pay back Rs
5,000 but was killed for the remaining amount.
Tayad`s brother Dilip told a news agency that he was been
receiving life-threatening calls from the accused since last
The family has refused to take the body of Tayad, for
the final rites, until Dake is arrested.
Deputy SP Jyoti Kshirsagar said a case has been
registered and a manhunt has been launched to nab Dake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy