Sugarcane worker set on fire succumbs to burns
Beed: A 30-year-old sugarcane worker, who was set on fire in Georai tehsil, allegedly by a foreman after he failed to repay a loan sum of Rs 5,000, succumbed to his burns on Monday at the civil hospital here, police said.
The victim --Shahadev Tayad-- suffered 82 percent burns
after he was set ablaze yesterday by foreman Vashishta Dake,
who lent him Rs 10,000, they said.
Tayad died this morning at the civil hospital here,
while undergoing treatment.
The Dalit worker, a resident of Chincholi Sindphana
village in the tehsil, had borrowed Rs 10,000 from Dake as an
education loan for his son. He had managed to pay back Rs
5,000 but was killed for the remaining amount.
Tayad`s brother Dilip told a news agency that he was been
receiving life-threatening calls from the accused since last
The family has refused to take the body of Tayad, for
the final rites, until Dake is arrested.
Deputy SP Jyoti Kshirsagar said a case has been
registered and a manhunt has been launched to nab Dake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan