Sugarcane worker set on fire succumbs to burns
Beed: A 30-year-old sugarcane worker, who was set on fire in Georai tehsil, allegedly by a foreman after he failed to repay a loan sum of Rs 5,000, succumbed to his burns on Monday at the civil hospital here, police said.
The victim --Shahadev Tayad-- suffered 82 percent burns
after he was set ablaze yesterday by foreman Vashishta Dake,
who lent him Rs 10,000, they said.
Tayad died this morning at the civil hospital here,
while undergoing treatment.
The Dalit worker, a resident of Chincholi Sindphana
village in the tehsil, had borrowed Rs 10,000 from Dake as an
education loan for his son. He had managed to pay back Rs
5,000 but was killed for the remaining amount.
Tayad`s brother Dilip told a news agency that he was been
receiving life-threatening calls from the accused since last
The family has refused to take the body of Tayad, for
the final rites, until Dake is arrested.
Deputy SP Jyoti Kshirsagar said a case has been
registered and a manhunt has been launched to nab Dake.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive