Sulking Munde meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: BJP Deputy Leader in the Lok Sabha, Gopinath Munde, who is upset with his party leadership, met Shiv Sena Executive president Uddhav Thackeray Sunday
The meeting that was held at a suburban five-star hotel, took place against the backdrop of speculations that Munde might quit the BJP to join the Congress.
The speculations were rife after Munde met the Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh recently.
Munde had stayed away from most of the Sena-BJP-RPI rallies in the state including the one held in Mumbai last week.
Sources in the Shiv Sena said that Uddhav is aware that Munde has played an important role in cementing the Shivshakti-Bhimshakti alliance and if the senior BJP leader moves away, it will be detrimental to the alliance, which aims to dethrone the incumbent Congress-NCP coalition, which has been at the helm of affairs since the past 12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report