Sulking Munde meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: BJP Deputy Leader in the Lok Sabha, Gopinath Munde, who is upset with his party leadership, met Shiv Sena Executive president Uddhav Thackeray Sunday
The meeting that was held at a suburban five-star hotel, took place against the backdrop of speculations that Munde might quit the BJP to join the Congress.
The speculations were rife after Munde met the Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh recently.
Munde had stayed away from most of the Sena-BJP-RPI rallies in the state including the one held in Mumbai last week.
Sources in the Shiv Sena said that Uddhav is aware that Munde has played an important role in cementing the Shivshakti-Bhimshakti alliance and if the senior BJP leader moves away, it will be detrimental to the alliance, which aims to dethrone the incumbent Congress-NCP coalition, which has been at the helm of affairs since the past 12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'