Sulking Munde meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: BJP Deputy Leader in the Lok Sabha, Gopinath Munde, who is upset with his party leadership, met Shiv Sena Executive president Uddhav Thackeray Sunday
The meeting that was held at a suburban five-star hotel, took place against the backdrop of speculations that Munde might quit the BJP to join the Congress.
The speculations were rife after Munde met the Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh recently.
Munde had stayed away from most of the Sena-BJP-RPI rallies in the state including the one held in Mumbai last week.
Sources in the Shiv Sena said that Uddhav is aware that Munde has played an important role in cementing the Shivshakti-Bhimshakti alliance and if the senior BJP leader moves away, it will be detrimental to the alliance, which aims to dethrone the incumbent Congress-NCP coalition, which has been at the helm of affairs since the past 12 years.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?
- Manish Sisodia suspends govt school's vice principal over indiscipline
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case