Summon Ramesh over missing file from MOEF: Adarsh Society
Mumbai: The lawyers of Adarsh Housing Society
on Thursday requested the Commission of Inquiry to summon Union
Minister of Environment and Forests Jairam Ramesh, to seek
explanation of disappearance of files from his ministry, and a
disclosure of their content.
But the Commission said there was no need to summon the
Minister at this stage.
"The Minister should be summoned and asked to file an
affidavit explaining why these files were not submitted before
the Commission along with the other documents pertaining to
the Society," said advocate Satish Maneshinde, Adarsh`s
Commission is probing the alleged irregularities in the
allotment of plot to the Society in a prime south Mumbai area,
and grant of subsequent construction permissions.
In an application to the Commission, the Society has said
Ramesh and the concerned MOEF officers should be asked to
explain how the file containing the correspondence between the
ministry and Government of Maharashtra was lost.
"Why was this particular file not submitted before the
Commission along with all the other documents the Union
Ministry produced earlier? Now they (ministry) have concocted
a story that the files are missing," Maneshinde said.
Commission however said there was no need to summon the
Union Minister at this stage. "The Minister would be summoned
if required at a later stage. The Society`s application can be
considered then," said Justice J A Patil (retd), heading the
Earlier this month, MoEF had informed CBI (which is
probing the scam) that a file containing correspondence
between the ministry and Urban Development Department of
Maharashtra government had gone missing from its office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video