Summon Ramesh over missing file from MOEF: Adarsh Society
Mumbai: The lawyers of Adarsh Housing Society
on Thursday requested the Commission of Inquiry to summon Union
Minister of Environment and Forests Jairam Ramesh, to seek
explanation of disappearance of files from his ministry, and a
disclosure of their content.
But the Commission said there was no need to summon the
Minister at this stage.
"The Minister should be summoned and asked to file an
affidavit explaining why these files were not submitted before
the Commission along with the other documents pertaining to
the Society," said advocate Satish Maneshinde, Adarsh`s
Commission is probing the alleged irregularities in the
allotment of plot to the Society in a prime south Mumbai area,
and grant of subsequent construction permissions.
In an application to the Commission, the Society has said
Ramesh and the concerned MOEF officers should be asked to
explain how the file containing the correspondence between the
ministry and Government of Maharashtra was lost.
"Why was this particular file not submitted before the
Commission along with all the other documents the Union
Ministry produced earlier? Now they (ministry) have concocted
a story that the files are missing," Maneshinde said.
Commission however said there was no need to summon the
Union Minister at this stage. "The Minister would be summoned
if required at a later stage. The Society`s application can be
considered then," said Justice J A Patil (retd), heading the
Earlier this month, MoEF had informed CBI (which is
probing the scam) that a file containing correspondence
between the ministry and Urban Development Department of
Maharashtra government had gone missing from its office.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note