Sunil Paraskar lied before the court, victim alleges
Mumbai: The Mumbai-based model, who has accused Deputy Inspector General of Police Sunil Paraskar of rape, on Friday told a court here that he also committed `perjury` by making a false statement about her before the court.
Advocate Chitra Salunke, her lawyer, filed an application saying that as per the media reports, while seeking interim protection from arrest Paraskar`s lawyer told the court that the victim had been once arrested in a criminal case and to avenge it, she framed up his client.
"This is completely false...She was a complainant in an immoral trafficking case and not an accused. The charge sheet shows the victim as complainant," Salunke said.
Paraskar`s lawyer, advocate Rizwan Merchant, is likely to give his reply on Tuesday. The court is hearing Paraskar`s application for pre-arrest bail.
Opposing the bail, Salunke said if he was arrested, more victims might muster courage to complain about him.
She also stated that on the day of the crime, the man who drove with Paraskar to a bungalow at Madh Island (where the alleged rape took place) was an accused in a scam related to purchase of bullet-proof jackets by Mumbai police. "Only on this point the accused (Paraskar) has to be taken into custody. Why is a police officer on duty travelling with an accused?" advocate Salunke said.
Salunke also said that when the victim tried to meet the then Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, Paraskar did not allow her. "When she approached the police station to register a case against Paraskar, she was told that nobody will register a case against him and she will have to approach the Commissioner," Salune alleged.
Meanwhile, judge Vrushali Joshi today directed Paraskar to remain present at the crime branch office tomorrow, after his lawyer said yesterday that he was ready to be questioned.
According to the victim, she came in contact with Paraskar in connection with a case filed by her; he took advantage of her and raped her last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'